Recovery of files affected by POHJ Ransomware
We retrieve data that has been encrypted by the majority of ransomware file extensions on any type of storage device
Decrypt POHJ ransomware files
By utilising our distinctive methods, the restoration of POHJ encrypted files has become a feasible prospect.
In the face of something so disastrous, there is little that can be done, especially if backups have been affected or are not up to date. The number of companies that shut down after having their data encrypted has reached staggering numbers.
In numerous instances, despite paying the ransom, the POHJ criminals do not provide the decryption key, leaving the victim without any recourse.
Digital Recovery has introduced solutions that can successfully decrypt files that have been affected by POHJ ransomware. Our track record of recovery projects is impressive and reliable.
Why Digital Recovery?
With more than 23 years of experience, we have accumulated satisfied customers around the world. We can run most of our solutions remotely, and we have multilingual support.
With the surge of POHJ ransomware attacks worldwide, we specialise in decrypting ransomware. We have devised a distinct solution that can be utilised for the vast majority of storage devices, Virtual Machines, RAID Systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, and many other applications.
Our specialists are highly qualified and equipped with the latest technologies available in the data recovery market. The most significant of these is TRACER, our proprietary technology that has delivered outstanding results in decrypting POHJ ransomware files.
We offer an advanced diagnosis that will allow us to understand the dimension of the attack, this first diagnosis can be done in the first 24 working hours from the time we receive the samples. After this process, we provide a commercial agreement and, once accepted, we kick off the process of decrypting the files.
All our solutions are GDPR-compliant, ensuring total security for our customers. We also provide a confidentiality agreement (NDA) that has been drafted by our legal team. However, if you prefer to provide an NDA prepared by your own organisation, we are willing to review and accept it, if necessary.
Calm down, your data can be retrieved
Contact Digital Recovery
We will run an advanced diagnosis
Get the quote for your project
We kick off the data reconstruction
Get your data back
Please fill out the form, or select your preferred contact method. We will contact you to start recovering your files.
Soon after a new wave of LockBit 2.0 ransomware attacks, many companies saw their business come to a standstill because of data locked out of encryption. Here is a case of decryption for one of them.
We received a contact from a company that said it had suffered an attack and was unable to continue its activities. When they arrived at their offices after the weekend, they realised that a large part of their data was inaccessible.
One of the largest River Logistics companies in Latin America contacted us to decrypt files after a Quantum Ransomware attack.
There has been a wave of attacks by the Quantum group targeting several different companies. Small, medium and large companies have been targeted. In this case a large Fluvial logistics company in Argentina was the victim.
What our clients say about us
"We had a serious problem after a power failure of a NAS server in Raid 5. I immediately contacted DIGITAL RECOVERY. After a few days of hard work the problem was solved."
"One of our raid servers had stopped. After several attempts without solving the problem we found DIGITAL RECOVERY and 5 hours later, at 4am, the data was recovered."
"We appointed DIGITAL RECOVERY in a special case (of data loss) in a raid 5 storage. Digital Recovery was able to recover 32 million files so our customer was extremely satisfied.”
"Without a doubt the best data recovery company in Latin America. The contact Digital Recovery will always be saved on my phone, because inevitably I will need again."
"The quality of the service is excellent. The attention given to customer service is gratifying and the feedback we receive reassures us that we can trust the work and dedication."
"Great company, they saved me from a big problem! I recommend, fast service, my thanks to the Digital Recovery team for the attention and quick solution to the problem! Show!"
"Second time that I count with the agility and professionalism of the Digital Recovery team, they are very experienced and agile. I recommend to all"
"They helped me recover some data that I had thought was lost. I had a great experience with the team for their calmness, agility and transparency."
Answers from our experts
The retrieval of POHJ ransomware files is feasible because of our unique, in-house technology that enables us to identify and reconstruct the encrypted files in numerous instances. This procedure necessitates a thorough understanding of the affected storage device; otherwise, the files may become corrupted, making recovery unfeasible. Our specialists possess in-depth knowledge of all the primary storage devices, including RAID systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, Virtual Machines, and many more.
How to choose a company to decrypt my data?
Few companies in the world are able to decrypt POHJ ransomware files, so information about this possibility is scarce, to the point that many think that such a recovery is impossible. Also, there is a lot of incorrect information stating that decryption is not possible.
And among all these discussions there are serious companies that have developed such solutions, such as Digital Recovery.
Information about these processes and customers is confidential, so formal testimonials are scarce.
Given all this, it is important that you look for companies that are serious and that have several years of experience in the data recovery market and that make an expert available for the customer to communicate with from the first contact.
How much does the process to decrypt POHJ ransomware cost?
It is not possible to state the price of the process before the initial diagnosis, only after it is possible to measure the size of the damage caused by POHJ ransomware and analyse whether decryption will be possible or not.
After the initial diagnosis, a commercial proposal is made available and, once accepted, the recovery process is started. In most of the cases the payment is only made after the validation of the recovered files, done by the customer himself in a remote session.
Is negotiating with POHJ hackers a good option?
Cybercriminals rely on victims to reach out to them in the initial stages of the attack. They often use threatening language in their ransom demands, putting victims under immense stress and pressure to comply with their demands.
At Digital Recovery, we advise victims not to engage with these criminals directly. Instead, we encourage them to seek professional assistance from experienced experts in this field. Our team will work with you to analyse the situation, assess the extent of the damage, and determine the chances of successful recovery from POHJ.
Latest insights from our experts
What you need to know
Preventing a POHJ ransomware attack requires a comprehensive cybersecurity framework, but that’s not all, let’s list some important points that you need to pay attention to.
- Organisation – Having documentation of the IT park helps a lot in the prevention process, in addition to the inventory of networks and computers. Develop rules so that new employees have clear company policy on the installation and use of programmes on computers.
- Strong Passwords – Passwords should be strong, containing more than 8 digits, including special ones. And do not use a single password for multiple credentials.
- Security Solutions – Have a good antivirus installed, keep all programmes up to date, especially the operating system. Besides the antivirus solution, you need a Firewall and endpoints. They will make sure that the system stays protected.
- Beware of suspicious emails – One of the most used means for invasion used by hacker groups are spam email campaigns, so it is vital to create a security and awareness policy for employees not to download attached files sent by unknown emails.
- Efficient backup policies – Backups are essential for any eventual incident, but even with this essential role many companies neglect it or create a backup schedule that is not effective. We have already assisted several clients that not only the data was encrypted, but also the backups. It is not recommended to keep online backups only. The best backup structure is 3x2x1, which is 3 backups, 2 online and 1 offline, in addition to creating a consistent routine of updating the backups.
- Beware of unofficial programmes – There are numerous paid programmes that are made available for free on the Internet, such as Windows, Office and many others. They may appear to be free at first, but in the future can be used as a gateway for future hacker attacks. Even if official programmes demand financial resources, they are a good investment and are also secure.
There are several strategies employed by criminals, the main ones are: downloads of infected files, malicious links, attacks via RDP, Phishing, spam email campaigns, and more.
All of them have the same intention, to access the victim’s system without the victim’s awareness. To do so, the POHJ ransomware camouflages itself in the system so as not to be detected by defence systems.
In the tactics that depend on the action of a user, phishing tactics are applied so that the victim, without realising it, downloads the POHJ ransomware into the system.
Is there any behaviour of my server that I can analyse to know if I am being attacked by POHJ Ransomware?
High consumption of processing, memory and disk access are suspicious behaviours that need to be investigated thoroughly in order to assess whether an attack is underway.
The POHJ ransomware uses the machine’s own resources to perform exfiltration. In order to encrypt the machine this demands the use of its own resources.
It is also possible to detect the attack by the changes made to the file extensions, this type of detection is a bit more complex because the encryption process will have already been started.
If you are the victim of a POHJ ransomware attack and you do not pay the ransom demanded by the hackers, several things could happen:
- Your data remains encrypted: If your files are encrypted by the POHJ ransomware, they will remain inaccessible until the encryption is removed. Without the decryption key provided by the attackers, you may be unable to access your data.
- The attackers may delete your files: Some POHJ ransomware attackers may threaten to delete your files if you do not pay the ransom within a certain timeframe. If you refuse to pay and the attackers follow through on their threat, you may lose all of your data.
- The attackers may leak your data: In some cases, the attackers may use a double-extortion tactic, in which they not only encrypt your files but also steal them and threaten to release them publicly if you do not pay the ransom. If you refuse to pay and the attackers follow through on their threat, your data may be released to the public or sold on the dark web.
Paying the ransom is not recommended, as it incentivizes attackers to continue their criminal activities and there is no guarantee that they will provide you with the decryption key or honor their promises. Instead, it’s important to take steps to prevent POHJ ransomware attacks, such as implementing strong cybersecurity measures, regularly backing up your data, and educating yourself and your employees about potential attack vectors.