For the alarming growth of ransomware attacks, we specialise in recovering ransomware.
+250 ratings and testimonies
Recover TimeTime Ransomware
Digital Recovery is a company that has been in the data recovery market for over 2 decades. In all these years down the road, few scenarios have been as challenging as recovering Ransomware.
Despite the great difficulty in recovering encrypted data, our engineering division has advanced every day and we have achieved great and expressive results for our customers. We have surely already avoided millions of dollars in losses to them.
According to a report developed by a company specialised in financial transactions (Chainalysis, a global consulting, analysis and market intelligence company focused on blockchains and with an emphasis on bitcoins), in 2020 alone, there was an increase of more than 300% in ransom requests involving cyber attacks with hijacked data. This shows that attacks continue to grow alarmingly.
Main Categories of Ransomware
With hundreds of ransomwares operating in the market and new even more advanced versions appearing every day, we can classify Ransomware into the following categories:
It encrypts the files preventing them from being used. Even if the files are encrypted, it is possible for the user to boot the operating system and view the blocked files.
If your project had a negative diagnosis or the execution time does not meet your expectations, we accept the challenge of analysing your case.
Why Choose Digital Recovery to Recover TimeTime Ransomware?
Digital Recovery is a company specialising in data recovery in cases of cyber attacks, including all types of Ransomware. We have a specialised division that can work in a dedicated 24x7x365 mode to handle complex cases of any type.
We have a specialised technical team with good results in the recovery of Databases, Virtual Machines and File Servers.
We develop software and hardware technologies that enable us to act with precision and agility in the advanced diagnostic processes to recover ransomware. The creation of these technologies – several of them for exclusive and proprietary use – made Digital Recovery always remain at the cutting edge.
One of our technologies, called Tracer, is capable of generating differentiated results to recover ransomware in Virtual Machines, Databases and RAID Systems. Through millions of calculations and analysis of millions of records, this technology makes it possible to drastically reduce the execution time of projects, as well as increasing success rates to almost 100% in countless situations.
In addition to providing services to governments, financial institutions and small, medium and large companies, Digital Recovery also provides services to other companies that are also active in the data recovery market.
We also have technologies that allow us to remotely assess and recover your data. If you want to try our remote service, talk with one of our experts.
If you need it, we can also provide you with a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in a language of your preference. If necessary, please discuss this with one of our experts.
Being fully aware of the pressure and urgency levels that exist in Data Centres and Cloud Computing environments, we also offer 24x7x365 urgent care. This kind of service provides our customers with the possibility of offering services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
There is still hope for your lost data, our entire team is at your company's disposal.
Data Recovery Company
"We had a serious issue following a NAS server power outage in Raid 5. I immediately contacted DIGITAL RECOVERY. After a few days of hard work the issue was resolved."
"One of our RAID servers had stopped. After several attempts without fixing the problem we found DIGITAL RECOVERY and 5 hours later, at 4:00 am, the data was recovered."
"We referred DIGITAL RECOVERY in a special case (data loss) in a storage RAID 5. Digital Recovery recovered 32 million files and the customer was extremely satisfied."
"Without any doubts the best data recovery company. Digital Recovery contact details will always be saved on my cell phone, as I will inevitably need it again."
"The quality of the service is excellent. The attention given to the service is gratifying and the feedbacks that are given leave us calm, knowing that we can trust in the work and dedication."
"Great company, they saved me from a big problem!!! I recommend them, what a quick service, my thanks to the Digital Recovery team for the attention and speed in solving the problem! Awesome!"
"The second time I count on the agility and professionalism of the Digital Recovery team, they are very experienced and agile. I recommend it to everyone"
"They helped me recover some data that I had already thought was lost. I had a great experience with the team because of their calm, agility and transparency."
Frequently Asked Questions About Recovering Ransomware
Every day, Ransomware attacks are advancing. After a successful attack attempt, the ransomware quickly maps the user’s most important files to begin encryption. Microsoft Office files, databases, PDF and design files are among its top targets.
Generally yes. Usually the attack happens through virtual ports that were opened by malicious applications that were downloaded from the web. Another very common way is through emails received with attachments or links to websites strategically created to cheat users. Your computer may be defenseless simply by opening the attachment or clicking the malicious link.
Hackers normally leave threatening messages on the affected machines. But if the information is not important or if you have a backup, when you format your computer and take precautions not to get infected again, nothing will happen. There is a new type of attack where hackers hijack your information and if you don’t accept to pay the ransom they threaten to share your information on the web.
I don’t think it’s possible to explain this matter with a simple answer. But let’s put just a few topics on the subject below. The best option is to hire a consulting company or a professional specialised in the cybersecurity field.
- Organisation – A good way to start prevention is to organise and document networks, computers and systems. Having good documentation of the IT park can help a lot in the prevention process. Be mindful of the software allowed and used. Organise rules so that common users do not install any applications on their computers. Find out who are the computers, notebooks and mobile phones that have access to the physical network and Wi-Fi in your home or company.
- Strong passwords – Don’t use the same passwords for everything. Avoid birthday dates. If possible install a password manager that will always suggest and store a password with a high level of difficulty to be discovered.
- Security Solutions – A good security solution includes in its suite of tools a good antivirus and a series of other tools with the purpose of reporting, preventing and neutralising hacker attacks. The value of a safe, for example, as well as the time and security apparatus invested to protect it, is directly linked to the list of items you want to keep inside. If you have very valuable data on your network then make an equivalent investment to protect your information.
- Efficient backup policies – Have a good backup policy. Unfortunately, we have had cases in which the client, being attacked by a Ransomware, was quite calm because his backups were duly up to date. However, when returning the files from the backup, it was discovered that they were also encrypted by the Ransomware. Also remember that backup is always the second copy of the same information. The fact of making a copy of the information on an external disk and then deleting the original data from the hard drive of the computer does not make it a backup. There are currently very safe ways to perform backups. Backup policies with data centre redundancy are the preferred options.
- Be careful with emails – Many bad things can get into computers through emails. Establish policies so that emails used in your company are for business purposes only. It is also possible to configure the security applications to not allow links and attached files of e-mails to be downloaded, opened or accessed.
- Be wary of programmes that crack software – Programmes that crack software come always from dubious sources. But what is the purpose of these programmes? Imagine that you download the demo version of a certain programme. But after a few days of use, the programme stops working because the demo period has expired. The way to continue using the programme is to purchase a legal copy of it. However, there are usually sites on the web that can provide you “for free” with a file that is able crack your programme so that it works as if you had purchased an original version. Be very careful with these programmes. We can’t believe that someone will create such a programme and not want anything back. If this programme opens a virtual port on your computer in order to be accessed after some months you will never suspect that the attack came through a Trojan horse that entered your computer a few months ago.
As with a large-scale robbery there is a high level of planning, with a ransomware attack as well.
For a thief to enter a house it is necessary somebody to open the door or he must find a way to bypass the security systems. Besides, a hacker will try to place “bad seeds” inside your computer so that it can open the door for him. These such seeds can be dubious programmes downloaded from the internet or sent via email. If he is unable to infiltrate these “bad seeds” the work will be more difficult.
Once the programme is installed on the user’s computer, it will open the door and warn the hacker that he has a machine available for invasion. Once this is done, the data encryption process starts.
After attacking the machine, the Ransomware can easily spread to infect the machines on the network with the main target being the servers. If servers are encrypted, the entire company will be affected.
Yes. Holidays and weekends are the favored days for cyber attacks. The reason for this is because on these dates there are far fewer people active in computer network security.
Only in 2020 it is estimated that payments of more than 400 million dollars were made for Ransomware attacks around the world.
In 2021, more than 20 million ransomware attacks were registered in the UK, up 151% compared to 2020.
Firstly, with 29% of attacks, the invasion is due to downloading infected files or clicking on pernicious link. Secondly, with 21% of cases, via RDP [Remote Desktop Protocol], which is a means of access to provide remote access to Windows machines.
Currently, it is Ragnar Locker that uses the Windows virtual machine system to perform infections and encrypt files and databases in the environment.
Is there any behavior on my server that I can verify to know if I'm being attacked by some Ransomware?
A high consumption of processing, memory and disk access, are suspicious behaviours, which need to be investigated in depth, in order to assess if there is an attack in progress.
As 65% of attacks in 2020 involved data in the cloud, we can say from the numbers that the risk is still in evidence, even with all the data in the cloud [Amazon and Microsoft].
In 15% of attacks that occurred in the last year, administrators managed to interrupt the propagation process, even after the invasion was successful, thus avoiding further harm to the environment.
There are some choices on the market and usually in the product description the keyword “protection against digital risks” appear. Due to the large number of cyber attacks, in some countries such as France, insurance companies are withdrawing payment linked to ransom from insurance coverage.