We can recover data encrypted by most ransomware extensions on any storage device
Decrypt Rapid ransomware files
Our bespoke solutions have made it possible to recover Rapid encrypted files.
In recent years, Rapid ransomware attacks have emerged as a primary and highly destructive form of cyber attack. An unparalleled rise has been observed in the number of businesses that have fallen prey to such attacks resulting in complete encryption of their data.
In recent times, Rapid ransomware attacks have surfaced as a major and highly damaging type of cyber attack. The quantity of corporations that have undergone complete encryption of their data following such attacks has escalated considerably and is a cause for concern.
When faced with such a calamitous event, the options available are limited, particularly if backups have been compromised or are not current. The count of companies that have ceased operations due to the encryption of their data has reached a staggering level.
In numerous instances, even if the ransom is paid, the cyber criminals fail to provide the Rapid decryption key, leaving victims with no recourse to a higher authority.
Digital Recovery has introduced solutions that can successfully decrypt files that have been affected by Rapid ransomware. Our track record of recovery projects is impressive and reliable.
Why Digital Recovery?
With more than 23 years of experience, we have accumulated satisfied customers around the world. We can run most of our solutions remotely, and we have multilingual support.
With the increase of Rapid ransomware attacks around the world, we specialise in ransomware decryption. We have developed a unique solution that can be applied to the vast majority of storage devices, Virtual Machines, RAID Systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, and much more.
Our specialists are highly qualified and have the latest technologies in the data recovery market, the main one is called TRACER, a proprietary technology with which we have obtained expressive results in the decryption of Rapid ransomware files.
We offer an advanced diagnostic service that allows us to determine the scale of the attack. This initial assessment can be performed within the first 24 working hours from the time we receive the samples. Following this, we present a commercial agreement, and upon acceptance, we commence the process of decrypting the files.
All our solutions are supported by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), through which we offer total security to our customers. We also provide a confidentiality agreement (NDA) written by our legal department. But if you feel more comfortable in providing an NDA written by your own company, we are open to analyse and accept it, if necessary.
Calm down, your data can be retrieved
Contact Digital Recovery
We will run an advanced diagnosis
Get the quote for your project
We kick off the data reconstruction
Get your data back
Please fill out the form, or select your preferred contact method. We will contact you to start recovering your files.
Soon after a new wave of LockBit 2.0 ransomware attacks, many companies saw their business come to a standstill because of data locked out of encryption. Here is a case of decryption for one of them.
We received a contact from a company that said it had suffered an attack and was unable to continue its activities. When they arrived at their offices after the weekend, they realised that a large part of their data was inaccessible.
One of the largest River Logistics companies in Latin America contacted us to decrypt files after a Quantum Ransomware attack.
There has been a wave of attacks by the Quantum group targeting several different companies. Small, medium and large companies have been targeted. In this case a large Fluvial logistics company in Argentina was the victim.
What our clients say about us
"We had a serious problem after a power failure of a NAS server in Raid 5. I immediately contacted DIGITAL RECOVERY. After a few days of hard work the problem was solved."
"One of our raid servers had stopped. After several attempts without solving the problem we found DIGITAL RECOVERY and 5 hours later, at 4am, the data was recovered."
"We appointed DIGITAL RECOVERY in a special case (of data loss) in a raid 5 storage. Digital Recovery was able to recover 32 million files so our customer was extremely satisfied.”
"Without a doubt the best data recovery company in Latin America. The contact Digital Recovery will always be saved on my phone, because inevitably I will need again."
"The quality of the service is excellent. The attention given to customer service is gratifying and the feedback we receive reassures us that we can trust the work and dedication."
"Great company, they saved me from a big problem! I recommend, fast service, my thanks to the Digital Recovery team for the attention and quick solution to the problem! Show!"
"Second time that I count with the agility and professionalism of the Digital Recovery team, they are very experienced and agile. I recommend to all"
"They helped me recover some data that I had thought was lost. I had a great experience with the team for their calmness, agility and transparency."
Answers from our experts
How are Rapid ransomware files recovered?
The retrieval of Rapid ransomware files is feasible because of our unique, in-house technology that enables us to identify and reconstruct the encrypted files in numerous instances. This procedure necessitates a thorough understanding of the affected storage device; otherwise, the files may become corrupted, making recovery unfeasible. Our specialists possess in-depth knowledge of all the primary storage devices, including RAID systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, Virtual Machines, and many more.
How to choose a company to decrypt my data?
Few companies in the world are able to decrypt Rapid ransomware files, so information about this possibility is scarce, to the point that many think that such a recovery is impossible. Also, there is a lot of incorrect information stating that decryption is not possible.
And among all these discussions there are serious companies that have developed such solutions, such as Digital Recovery.
Information about these processes and customers is confidential, so formal testimonials are scarce.
Given all this, it is important that you look for companies that are serious and that have several years of experience in the data recovery market and that make an expert available for the customer to communicate with from the first contact.
How much does the process to decrypt Rapid ransomware cost?
The cost to decrypt Rapid ransomware can vary depending on the severity of the attack and the complexity of the decryption process. The cost may also depend on the version of Rapid ransomware and the specific files that need to be decrypted. This can only be determined once the extent of damage caused by the ransomware has been analysed and the possibility of decryption has been evaluated.
It’s important to note that there is no guarantee that decryption will be successful, and some files may be permanently lost or corrupted. Therefore, it’s important to find a company that doesn’t ask the full amount of the project upfront. It’s best to consult with a reputable data recovery company to get an accurate estimate of the cost for your particular situation.
Is negotiating with Rapid hackers a good option?
Criminals count on the victim contacting them in the first few hours after the attack, so they use threats expressed in the ransom terms, in this first contact the victim will be under strong stress and may give in more quickly to the criminals’ whims.
We recommend that the victim should not contact the Rapid group, but contact professionals in this field, so that, accompanied by an expert, they can analyse the data and verify the possibilities of recovery.
Latest insights from our experts
The AtomSilo ransomware emerged in September 2021, the group acts a little differently than other ransomware groups, the ransom amount is fixed, $1 million is
The Khonsari ransomware was the first group to exploit known Apache Log4j vulnerabilities (CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046), the group has focused its attacks on Windows servers that
Quantum Ransomware is one of the newer malware in activity, there are already some reports of attacks done by it. A bit different from the
What you need to know
How to prevent a Rapid ransomware attack?
Preventing a Rapid ransomware attack requires a comprehensive cybersecurity framework, but that’s not all, let’s list some important points that you need to pay attention to.
- Organisation – Having documentation of the IT park helps a lot in the prevention process, in addition to the inventory of networks and computers. Develop rules so that new employees have clear company policy on the installation and use of programmes on computers.
- Strong Passwords – Passwords should be strong, containing more than 8 digits, including special ones. And do not use a single password for multiple credentials.
- Security Solutions – Have a good antivirus installed, keep all programmes up to date, especially the operating system. Besides the antivirus solution, you need a Firewall and endpoints. They will make sure that the system stays protected.
- Beware of suspicious emails – One of the most used means for invasion used by hacker groups are spam email campaigns, so it is vital to create a security and awareness policy for employees not to download attached files sent by unknown emails.
- Efficient backup policies – Backups are essential for any eventual incident, but even with this essential role many companies neglect it or create a backup schedule that is not effective. We have already assisted several clients that not only the data was encrypted, but also the backups. It is not recommended to keep online backups only. The best backup structure is 3x2x1, which is 3 backups, 2 online and 1 offline, in addition to creating a consistent routine of updating the backups.
- Beware of unofficial programmes – There are numerous paid programmes that are made available for free on the Internet, such as Windows, Office and many others. They may appear to be free at first, but in the future can be used as a gateway for future hacker attacks. Even if official programmes demand financial resources, they are a good investment and are also secure.
What is the most common means of access used by Rapid hackers to break into environments?
There are several strategies employed by criminals, the main ones are: downloads of infected files, malicious links, attacks via RDP, Phishing, spam email campaigns, and more.
All of them have the same intention, to access the victim’s system without the victim’s awareness. To do so, the Rapid ransomware camouflages itself in the system so as not to be detected by defence systems.
In the tactics that depend on the action of a user, phishing tactics are applied so that the victim, without realising it, downloads the Rapid ransomware into the system.
Is there any behaviour of my server that I can analyse to know if I am being attacked by Rapid Ransomware?
Yes, there are several behaviours of your server that you can analyse to determine if you are being attacked by Rapid ransomware:
- High resource usage: If your server’s processing, memory, and disk usage are significantly higher than usual, it could indicate that ransomware is actively encrypting files or exfiltrating data.
- Changes in file extensions: Rapid Ransomware often renames files with a new extension, such as .encrypted or .locked. If you notice such changes, it may be a sign that your server has been attacked.
- Unusual network traffic: Rapid Ransomware needs to communicate with its command and control (C&C) server to receive instructions and report back on its progress. Analysing network traffic for unusual connections or data transfers can help you identify potential ransomware activity.
- Suspicious login attempts: Rapid Ransomware attackers often gain access to a server through phishing emails or brute force attacks on weak passwords. Monitoring your server’s login attempts and blocking suspicious activity can help prevent ransomware attacks.
- Unusual system modifications: Rapid Ransomware may make modifications to your server’s operating system or file system to carry out its attack. Keep an eye out for any changes to system files, registry entries, or other critical components.
By analysing these behaviours, you can potentially detect and prevent a Rapid ransomware attack on your server. It’s important to stay vigilant and implement security measures to protect against ransomware and other cyber threats.
What happens if I don't pay the Rapid ransom?
If your machine is affected by Rapid ransomware, your data will be inaccessible until the encryption is removed. Unfortunately, removing the encryption typically requires formatting the affected machine, which will result in the loss of all stored data.
However, some ransomware attackers also use the double extortion tactic, which involves copying and extracting all files from the affected machine and then encrypting the original data. In such cases, the attackers may post the stolen files on their website or Dark Web forums while keeping the original data encrypted on the affected machine. In such scenarios, formatting the device will not recover the original data, and the only way to retrieve the stolen files may be to pay the ransom or seek professional help.