We can recover data encrypted by most ransomware extensions on any storage device
Decrypt Memento ransomware files
By utilising our distinctive methods, the restoration of Memento encrypted files has become a feasible prospect.
In recent years, Memento ransomware attacks have emerged as a primary and highly destructive form of cyber attack. An unparalleled rise has been observed in the number of businesses that have fallen prey to such attacks resulting in complete encryption of their data.
In recent times, Memento ransomware attacks have become a notable and severely damaging form of cyberattack. The number of companies that have encountered complete encryption of their data as a consequence of these attacks has escalated significantly and is a cause for concern.
When faced with such a calamitous event, the options available are limited, particularly if backups have been compromised or are not current. The count of companies that have ceased operations due to the encryption of their data has reached a staggering level.
In many cases, even after payment of the ransom, the decryption key is not sent by the Memento criminals, and in these cases there is no higher authority to turn to.
Digital Recovery comes to the market with solutions capable of decrypting files affected by Memento ransomware. We have solid numbers in our recovery projects.
Why Digital Recovery?
Having over 23 years of expertise, we have amassed contented clients globally. Our solutions can be operated remotely in most cases, and our support staff is proficient in multiple languages.
With the increase of Memento ransomware attacks around the world, we specialise in ransomware decryption. We have developed a unique solution that can be applied to the vast majority of storage devices, Virtual Machines, RAID Systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, and much more.
Our experts possess exceptional qualifications and are equipped with the latest data recovery technologies, including our proprietary technology, TRACER, which has produced remarkable outcomes in decrypting Memento ransomware files.
We offer an advanced diagnosis that will allow us to understand the dimension of the attack, this first diagnosis can be done in the first 24 working hours from the time we receive the samples. After this process, we provide a commercial agreement and, once accepted, we kick off the process of decrypting the files.
All our solutions are supported by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), through which we offer total security to our customers. We also provide a confidentiality agreement (NDA) written by our legal department. But if you feel more comfortable in providing an NDA written by your own company, we are open to analyse and accept it, if necessary.
Calm down, your data can be retrieved
Contact Digital Recovery
We will run an advanced diagnosis
Get the quote for your project
We kick off the data reconstruction
Get your data back
Please fill out the form, or select your preferred contact method. We will contact you to start recovering your files.
Soon after a new wave of LockBit 2.0 ransomware attacks, many companies saw their business come to a standstill because of data locked out of encryption. Here is a case of decryption for one of them.
We received a contact from a company that said it had suffered an attack and was unable to continue its activities. When they arrived at their offices after the weekend, they realised that a large part of their data was inaccessible.
One of the largest River Logistics companies in Latin America contacted us to decrypt files after a Quantum Ransomware attack.
There has been a wave of attacks by the Quantum group targeting several different companies. Small, medium and large companies have been targeted. In this case a large Fluvial logistics company in Argentina was the victim.
What our clients say about us
"We had a serious problem after a power failure of a NAS server in Raid 5. I immediately contacted DIGITAL RECOVERY. After a few days of hard work the problem was solved."
"One of our raid servers had stopped. After several attempts without solving the problem we found DIGITAL RECOVERY and 5 hours later, at 4am, the data was recovered."
"We appointed DIGITAL RECOVERY in a special case (of data loss) in a raid 5 storage. Digital Recovery was able to recover 32 million files so our customer was extremely satisfied.”
"Without a doubt the best data recovery company in Latin America. The contact Digital Recovery will always be saved on my phone, because inevitably I will need again."
"The quality of the service is excellent. The attention given to customer service is gratifying and the feedback we receive reassures us that we can trust the work and dedication."
"Great company, they saved me from a big problem! I recommend, fast service, my thanks to the Digital Recovery team for the attention and quick solution to the problem! Show!"
"Second time that I count with the agility and professionalism of the Digital Recovery team, they are very experienced and agile. I recommend to all"
"They helped me recover some data that I had thought was lost. I had a great experience with the team for their calmness, agility and transparency."
Answers from our experts
How are Memento ransomware files recovered?
We can only retrieve Memento ransomware files due to our exclusive technology, which enables us to locate and rebuild encrypted files in numerous situations. This process necessitates an understanding of the affected storage device, without which the files may become corrupted, making recovery impossible. Our specialists possess comprehensive knowledge about each of the leading storage devices, such as RAID systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, Virtual Machines, and more.
How to choose a company to decrypt my data?
Choosing a company to decrypt your data affected by Memento requires careful consideration and research. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Look for a reputable company: Choose a company that has a good reputation for data recovery and decryption services. Read online reviews and testimonials to get an idea of their quality of service.
- Check for certifications: Make sure the company you choose is certified in data recovery and decryption. This will give you confidence in their ability to handle your data securely.
- Consider the cost: Decryption services can be expensive, so it’s important to compare prices between different companies. However, don’t make cost your only deciding factor as the cheapest option may not always be the best.
- Look for experience: Choose a company that has experience in decrypting data similar to yours. This will increase the likelihood of a successful decryption.
- Ask about their data security measures: Make sure the company has strong data security measures in place to protect your sensitive data.
By following these tips, you can choose Digital Recovery as the company to decrypt your data and recover your important files.
How much does the process to decrypt Memento ransomware cost?
It is not possible to state the price of the process before the initial diagnosis, only after it is possible to measure the size of the damage caused by Memento ransomware and analyse whether decryption will be possible or not.
After the initial diagnosis, a commercial proposal is made available and, once accepted, the recovery process is started. In most of the cases the payment is only made after the validation of the recovered files, done by the customer himself in a remote session.
Is negotiating with Memento hackers a good option?
No, negotiating with hackers is generally not a good option. When you negotiate with Memento hackers, you are essentially agreeing to their demands and supporting their criminal activities. This can encourage them to continue their illegal activities and target other victims.
Moreover, there is no guarantee that the hacker will actually release your data or decrypt your files, even if you pay the ransom. In some cases, Memento may take the money and still refuse to provide the decryption key or release the data.
Additionally, paying the ransom can also lead to other negative consequences. It can put your personal information and sensitive data at risk, as the hacker may have gained access to your system and stolen additional information. It can also lead to legal and ethical issues, as paying the ransom is considered to be supporting criminal activities.
Therefore, it is generally recommended to not negotiate or pay the ransom to hackers. Instead, victims should report the attack to law enforcement and seek the assistance of a reputable data recovery to retrieve their data and strengthen their security measures to prevent future attacks.
Latest insights from our experts
The AtomSilo ransomware emerged in September 2021, the group acts a little differently than other ransomware groups, the ransom amount is fixed, $1 million is
The Khonsari ransomware was the first group to exploit known Apache Log4j vulnerabilities (CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046), the group has focused its attacks on Windows servers that
Quantum Ransomware is one of the newer malware in activity, there are already some reports of attacks done by it. A bit different from the
What you need to know
How to prevent a Memento ransomware attack?
To prevent Memento ransomware attacks, it is important to have a comprehensive cybersecurity framework in place. However, there are some additional key points that you should keep in mind:
- Organisation: Keep documentation of your IT systems and maintain an inventory of all networks and computers. Establish clear rules for new employees on the installation and use of software programmes on company computers.
- Strong Passwords: Use strong passwords with at least 8 characters, including special characters, and avoid using the same password for multiple accounts.
- Security Solutions: Install a reliable antivirus software and ensure that all software programmes, especially the operating system, are kept up to date. In addition to antivirus software, also consider installing a firewall and endpoint protection to provide comprehensive security.
- Beware of Suspicious Emails: Email is a common method used by hackers to infiltrate systems. Train employees to recognise and avoid downloading attachments from unknown senders.
- Efficient Backup Policies: Backups are crucial in the event of a ransomware attack, but many companies fail to create an effective backup plan. The recommended backup structure is 3x2x1, which means having 3 backups, 2 online and 1 offline, and regularly updating them.
- Beware of Unofficial Programmes: Avoid downloading unofficial, free versions of software programmes like Windows or Office, as they may be infected with malware. Invest in official software programmes, as they are a good long-term investment and are also more secure.
What is the most common means of access used by Memento hackers to break into environments?
The most common means of access used by Memento hackers to break into environments is through exploiting vulnerabilities in software, hardware, or human behaviour. This can include:
- Phishing attacks: Hackers use fraudulent emails, social media messages, or phone calls to trick individuals into revealing their login credentials or other sensitive information.
- Password attacks: Hackers use various techniques, such as brute force or dictionary attacks, to guess or crack passwords.
- Malware: Hackers use malicious software, such as viruses, worms, or Trojans, to infect computers or other devices and gain access to sensitive data.
- Software vulnerabilities: Hackers use known vulnerabilities in software, such as operating systems, web servers, or applications, to gain unauthorised access to a system.
- Misconfigured or unpatched systems: Hackers exploit weaknesses in system configurations or outdated software that has not been patched or updated to gain access.
- Social engineering: Hackers use social engineering techniques, such as pretexting or baiting, to manipulate individuals into divulging sensitive information or granting access to secure systems.
To reduce the risk of a successful attack, it’s important to implement security best practises, such as strong passwords, two-factor authentication, regular software updates and patches, employee security awareness training, and the use of security tools like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and antivirus software.
Is there any behaviour of my server that I can analyse to know if I am being attacked by Memento Ransomware?
High consumption of processing, memory and disk access are suspicious behaviours that need to be investigated thoroughly in order to assess whether an attack is underway.
The Memento ransomware uses the machine’s own resources to perform exfiltration. In order to encrypt the machine this demands the use of its own resources.
It is also possible to detect the attack by the changes made to the file extensions, this type of detection is a bit more complex because the encryption process will have already been started.
What happens if I don't pay the Memento ransom?
If your machine is affected by Memento ransomware, your data will be inaccessible until the encryption is removed. Unfortunately, removing the encryption typically requires formatting the affected machine, which will result in the loss of all stored data.
However, some ransomware attackers also use the double extortion tactic, which involves copying and extracting all files from the affected machine and then encrypting the original data. In such cases, the attackers may post the stolen files on their website or Dark Web forums while keeping the original data encrypted on the affected machine. In such scenarios, formatting the device will not recover the original data, and the only way to retrieve the stolen files may be to pay the ransom or seek professional help.