Recovery of files affected by Buhti Ransomware
We retrieve data that has been encrypted by the majority of ransomware file extensions on any type of storage device
Decrypt Buhti ransomware files
Our bespoke solutions have made it possible to recover Buhti encrypted files.
When faced with such a calamitous event, the options available are limited, particularly if backups have been compromised or are not current. The count of companies that have ceased operations due to the encryption of their data has reached a staggering level.
In many cases, even after payment of the ransom, the decryption key is not sent by the Buhti criminals, and in these cases there is no higher authority to turn to.
Digital Recovery comes to the market with solutions capable of decrypting files affected by Buhti ransomware. We have solid numbers in our recovery projects.
Why Digital Recovery?
Having over 23 years of expertise, we have amassed contented clients globally. Our solutions can be operated remotely in most cases, and our support staff is proficient in multiple languages.
With the increase of Buhti ransomware attacks around the world, we specialise in ransomware decryption. We have developed a unique solution that can be applied to the vast majority of storage devices, Virtual Machines, RAID Systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, and much more.
Our specialists are highly qualified and have the latest technologies in the data recovery market, the main one is called TRACER, a proprietary technology with which we have obtained expressive results in the decryption of Buhti ransomware files.
We offer an advanced diagnosis that will allow us to understand the dimension of the attack, this first diagnosis can be done in the first 24 working hours from the time we receive the samples. After this process, we provide a commercial agreement and, once accepted, we kick off the process of decrypting the files.
All our solutions are GDPR-compliant, ensuring total security for our customers. We also provide a confidentiality agreement (NDA) that has been drafted by our legal team. However, if you prefer to provide an NDA prepared by your own organisation, we are willing to review and accept it, if necessary.
Calm down, your data can be retrieved
Contact Digital Recovery
We will run an advanced diagnosis
Get the quote for your project
We kick off the data reconstruction
Get your data back
Please fill out the form, or select your preferred contact method. We will contact you to start recovering your files.
Soon after a new wave of LockBit 2.0 ransomware attacks, many companies saw their business come to a standstill because of data locked out of encryption. Here is a case of decryption for one of them.
We received a contact from a company that said it had suffered an attack and was unable to continue its activities. When they arrived at their offices after the weekend, they realised that a large part of their data was inaccessible.
One of the largest River Logistics companies in Latin America contacted us to decrypt files after a Quantum Ransomware attack.
There has been a wave of attacks by the Quantum group targeting several different companies. Small, medium and large companies have been targeted. In this case a large Fluvial logistics company in Argentina was the victim.
What our clients say about us
"We had a serious problem after a power failure of a NAS server in Raid 5. I immediately contacted DIGITAL RECOVERY. After a few days of hard work the problem was solved."
"One of our raid servers had stopped. After several attempts without solving the problem we found DIGITAL RECOVERY and 5 hours later, at 4am, the data was recovered."
"We appointed DIGITAL RECOVERY in a special case (of data loss) in a raid 5 storage. Digital Recovery was able to recover 32 million files so our customer was extremely satisfied.”
"Without a doubt the best data recovery company in Latin America. The contact Digital Recovery will always be saved on my phone, because inevitably I will need again."
"The quality of the service is excellent. The attention given to customer service is gratifying and the feedback we receive reassures us that we can trust the work and dedication."
"Great company, they saved me from a big problem! I recommend, fast service, my thanks to the Digital Recovery team for the attention and quick solution to the problem! Show!"
"Second time that I count with the agility and professionalism of the Digital Recovery team, they are very experienced and agile. I recommend to all"
"They helped me recover some data that I had thought was lost. I had a great experience with the team for their calmness, agility and transparency."
Answers from our experts
The recovery of Buhti ransomware files is only possible because we have developed a proprietary technology that allows us to locate the encrypted files and reconstruct them, in many cases. This process requires knowledge about the storage device that was affected, without which the files can be corrupted and recovery would not be possible. Our experts have extensive knowledge about each of the major storage devices, such as: RAID systems, Storages (NAS, DAS, SAN), Databases, Servers, Virtual Machines, and more.
How to choose a company to decrypt my data?
Few companies in the world are able to decrypt Buhti ransomware files, so information about this possibility is scarce, to the point that many think that such a recovery is impossible. Also, there is a lot of incorrect information stating that decryption is not possible.
And among all these discussions there are serious companies that have developed such solutions, such as Digital Recovery.
Information about these processes and customers is confidential, so formal testimonials are scarce.
Given all this, it is important that you look for companies that are serious and that have several years of experience in the data recovery market and that make an expert available for the customer to communicate with from the first contact.
How much does the process to decrypt Buhti ransomware cost?
It is not possible to state the price of the process before the initial diagnosis, only after it is possible to measure the size of the damage caused by Buhti ransomware and analyse whether decryption will be possible or not.
After the initial diagnosis, a commercial proposal is made available and, once accepted, the recovery process is started. In most of the cases the payment is only made after the validation of the recovered files, done by the customer himself in a remote session.
Is negotiating with Buhti hackers a good option?
Criminals count on the victim contacting them in the first few hours after the attack, so they use threats expressed in the ransom terms, in this first contact the victim will be under strong stress and may give in more quickly to the criminals’ whims.
We recommend that the victim should not contact the Buhti group, but contact professionals in this field, so that, accompanied by an expert, they can analyse the data and verify the possibilities of recovery.
Latest insights from our experts
What you need to know
Preventing a Buhti ransomware attack requires a comprehensive cybersecurity framework, but that’s not all, let’s list some important points that you need to pay attention to.
- Organisation – Having documentation of the IT park helps a lot in the prevention process, in addition to the inventory of networks and computers. Develop rules so that new employees have clear company policy on the installation and use of programmes on computers.
- Strong Passwords – Passwords should be strong, containing more than 8 digits, including special ones. And do not use a single password for multiple credentials.
- Security Solutions – Have a good antivirus installed, keep all programmes up to date, especially the operating system. Besides the antivirus solution, you need a Firewall and endpoints. They will make sure that the system stays protected.
- Beware of suspicious emails – One of the most used means for invasion used by hacker groups are spam email campaigns, so it is vital to create a security and awareness policy for employees not to download attached files sent by unknown emails.
- Efficient backup policies – Backups are essential for any eventual incident, but even with this essential role many companies neglect it or create a backup schedule that is not effective. We have already assisted several clients that not only the data was encrypted, but also the backups. It is not recommended to keep online backups only. The best backup structure is 3x2x1, which is 3 backups, 2 online and 1 offline, in addition to creating a consistent routine of updating the backups.
- Beware of unofficial programmes – There are numerous paid programmes that are made available for free on the Internet, such as Windows, Office and many others. They may appear to be free at first, but in the future can be used as a gateway for future hacker attacks. Even if official programmes demand financial resources, they are a good investment and are also secure.
There are several strategies employed by criminals, the main ones are: downloads of infected files, malicious links, attacks via RDP, Phishing, spam email campaigns, and more.
All of them have the same intention, to access the victim’s system without the victim’s awareness. To do so, the Buhti ransomware camouflages itself in the system so as not to be detected by defence systems.
In the tactics that depend on the action of a user, phishing tactics are applied so that the victim, without realising it, downloads the Buhti ransomware into the system.
Is there any behaviour of my server that I can analyse to know if I am being attacked by Buhti Ransomware?
Yes, there are several behaviours of your server that you can analyse to determine if you are being attacked by Buhti ransomware:
- High resource usage: If your server’s processing, memory, and disk usage are significantly higher than usual, it could indicate that ransomware is actively encrypting files or exfiltrating data.
- Changes in file extensions: Buhti Ransomware often renames files with a new extension, such as .encrypted or .locked. If you notice such changes, it may be a sign that your server has been attacked.
- Unusual network traffic: Buhti Ransomware needs to communicate with its command and control (C&C) server to receive instructions and report back on its progress. Analysing network traffic for unusual connections or data transfers can help you identify potential ransomware activity.
- Suspicious login attempts: Buhti Ransomware attackers often gain access to a server through phishing emails or brute force attacks on weak passwords. Monitoring your server’s login attempts and blocking suspicious activity can help prevent ransomware attacks.
- Unusual system modifications: Buhti Ransomware may make modifications to your server’s operating system or file system to carry out its attack. Keep an eye out for any changes to system files, registry entries, or other critical components.
By analysing these behaviours, you can potentially detect and prevent a Buhti ransomware attack on your server. It’s important to stay vigilant and implement security measures to protect against ransomware and other cyber threats.
If you are the victim of a Buhti ransomware attack and you do not pay the ransom demanded by the hackers, several things could happen:
- Your data remains encrypted: If your files are encrypted by the Buhti ransomware, they will remain inaccessible until the encryption is removed. Without the decryption key provided by the attackers, you may be unable to access your data.
- The attackers may delete your files: Some Buhti ransomware attackers may threaten to delete your files if you do not pay the ransom within a certain timeframe. If you refuse to pay and the attackers follow through on their threat, you may lose all of your data.
- The attackers may leak your data: In some cases, the attackers may use a double-extortion tactic, in which they not only encrypt your files but also steal them and threaten to release them publicly if you do not pay the ransom. If you refuse to pay and the attackers follow through on their threat, your data may be released to the public or sold on the dark web.
Paying the ransom is not recommended, as it incentivizes attackers to continue their criminal activities and there is no guarantee that they will provide you with the decryption key or honor their promises. Instead, it’s important to take steps to prevent Buhti ransomware attacks, such as implementing strong cybersecurity measures, regularly backing up your data, and educating yourself and your employees about potential attack vectors.